ECCV 2018 Workshop on Vision for XR
At ECCV 2018 in Munich, Germany, we will be organizing a Workshop on Vision for XR.
Perceiving, understanding and visually accurately representing users as well as the(ir) environment are key challenges for any VR, AR, MR, … system (summarized here as XR). In particular, any of these functions need to be performed under real-world conditions, often with additional constraints such as real-time performance or a limited power envelope. This poses significant challenges to the underlying computer vision systems.
Theresianum 601 0506.EG.601 (show me on Google Maps)
- 14:00 Opening remarks
- 14:15 Marc Pollefeys, ETHZ and Microsoft
- 14:45 Ricardo Martin Brualla, Google
- 15:15 Break
- 15:45 Matthias Niessner, TU Munich (Slides)
- 16:15 Jakob Engel, Facebook Reality Labs
- 16:45 Richard Newcombe, University of Washington and Facebook Reality Labs
- 17:15 Panel Discussion – all speakers
- 17:45 Closing Remarks
- 18:00 End of Workshop
The workshop is organized by Richard Newcombe, Chris Sweeney, Julian Straub, Jakob Engel (Facebook Reality Labs) and Michael Goesele (TU Darmstadt). If you have any questions regarding the workshop, please e-mail Michael Goesele.